How to install Magento 2
Technology has provided a lot many options to get rid of pain points that may confront in our business. Similarly, we have Magento that has made our way a bit handy and users are leveraging the presence of this famed technology by heart. Recently, it has come up with a new version which is even stronger than the earlier one. For sure, you would be able to leverage its features but to implement them, you will need to install it. The newbie and the beginners out there are facing a lot of problems in dealing with its installation. So, to help them we have come up with a simple procedure that will accomplish the Magento installation in minutes.
Getting Started: You may choose the best one according to your comfort
- Install from Zip file.
- Metapackage: It will use Composer to install Magento.
- Install via Git repository.
Installation step by step
Download the Magento packages.
Upload to the server.
- You can use WinSCP, Filezilla for the successful upload to the server then extract it to the public_html directory.
- If you are using shared hosting, you can use extract feature for the extraction of Magento package.
- You may follow the following commands if you are running it on your server.
# file .tar.gz
tar zxf <filename>
# file .zip
- Add the write permission for these folders var, app/etc, pub by the help of command line mentioned below:
chmod 777 -R var
chmod 777 -R app/etc
chmod 777 –R pub
Run the Magento Setup Wizard.
- Setup Wizard is a multi-page wizard that will help you to go back and forward. You must need to enter all the required information on each page before proceeding further.
- Enter the URL in your address bar http://www.example.com/magento2.example.com. localhost, localhost.com, 127.0.0.1 or your staging domain. Magento 2 folder in htdocs usually, it is http://localhost/magento2.
- Click on “agree and set up Magento”.
Add a Database
Fill the database information.
- Your Store Address will be http://www.example.com.
- Magento Admin Address: Enter the relative URL to access the Magento Admin. e.g: secret, backend.
Customize Your Store
- From the Store Default Time Zone list, click the name of your store’s time zone.
- Click the default currency to use in your store.
- From the list of Store Default Language, click the default language to use in your store.
- Expand Advanced Modules Configuration to enable or disable the modules before installing the Magento software.
Create Admin Account
Now enter the admin information
- New Username
- New E-Mail
- New Password
- Confirm Password
- Then click Next
In the above portion, we have mentioned the steps for the Magento installation. I hope, these points will help you a lot in dealing with its installation. If you are still not able to install it, you may reach out to us at [email protected]. We are 24/7 available to help you in dealing with all your technical challenges. Feel free to connect with us via the mail mentioned above. We would be extremely happy to listen from you.