.NET framework is defined as a programming model for supporting the building and running of the software applications for windows server, Microsoft Azure and XML web. It is created by Microsoft and runs on Microsoft Windows. On the other hand, the .NET core can be defined as an open source and cross-platform software framework for Windows and macOS operating system.
So what should you choose for your upcoming project- .NET framework or .NET core? Through this write-up, we will make it crystal clear about the selection of suitable one between these two ( .NET Core vs .NET framework ) and see if we can come to a conclusion.
There are various advantages of both the entities which are as follows:
- Being a .NET developer, you need to build and release a bit faster as you don’t have much time to learn about. Clear from the above line that .NET framework will be your choice because .NET Core does having a learning curve.
- If you are looking to maintain and upgrade the existing .NET apps, you should consider .NET framework because .NET core requires some special tasks.
- Building a new application? A .NET core is the best way to go.
- Recently, Microsoft has announced .NET Core v 3.0 that is the much-improved version of .NET Core. If you are aiming for the learning and want to build for the future .NET core is the way.
- If you are looking for building the new apps, .NET Core is the way to go because it will continue to get better and better.
- .NET Core suits cross-platform needs and the apps are supported on Windows, Linux, and macOS.
- .NET Core supports micro service architecture and also allows cross-platform services to work.
Performance and scalable system
When .NET Core was initially developed, performance and scalability were the key points of consideration because .NET Core and ASP.NET Core were the two best web frameworks according to some benchmarks. .Different versions of .NET Core play well altogether as they can easily run multiple apps side by side on the same machine.
What to choose?
Both .NET framework and .NET Core are better with respect to the requirements but if you have to make a choice between these, here is the criteria that will help you in doing so.
.NET framework will be better if:
• Do not have enough time to learn new technology.
• Requires a stable environment to work.
• Have already worked on an existing app and wants to extend its functionality.
• Don’t want to deal with regular modifications and updates.
• Wants to build windows client applications with the help of Windows form or WPF.
.NET Core will be the better choice if:
• Want to target the apps on Windows and Linux operating system.
• Not hesitates to learn new things.
• Loves open source technology.
• .NET Core has not been at the level of maturity yet, so make sure you are not afraid of fixing the things.
In the above section, we have gone through about various comparisons of .NET Core vs .NET Framework. If you are keen to more about these two entities, you may reach out to us at [email protected] We are round the clock available and will be extremely happy in making your doubts crystal clear. Feel free to connect with us via a mail mentioned above.